Merelbeke, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumFinance
Lansweeper provides a unique Technology Asset Intelligence platform for businesses to better understand, manage and protect their technology estate and network. Lansweeper helps customers minimize risks and optimize their technology investments by providing actionable insight into their technology estate at all times, offering trustworthy, valuable, and accurate insights about the state of users, devices, and software.
Since its launch in 2004, Lansweeper has been developing a software platform that scans and inventories all IT devices, installed software, and active users on a network – allowing organizations to manage their IT centrally. The Lansweeper platform currently discovers and monitors over 80 million connected devices from 28,000+ customers, including Mercedes, Michelin, Liverpool FC, Carlsberg, Nestle, IBM, and Samsung, along with governments, banks, NGOs, and universities, driven by its 300+ strong team across the world.
This Accounting Manager will join our worldwide team from the Belgium-based Headquarters, supporting Belgium, Americas (US/Canada), and select European countries and will report into the Finance Director (FP&A and Accounting) located in Belgium.
As manager, you will get the opportunity to work in an exciting and successful global SaaS, Private-Equity funded company and be engaged with an A-team that can drive decision-based reporting to improve the company’s financial and accounting performance. You will lead the accounting team, ensuring compliance with local regulations and international accounting standards. This role collaborates with cross-functional teams, provide financial insights to senior management, and play a crucial role in shaping the company's financial strategy.
- Financial Leadership:
- Provide strategic financial leadership and contribute to overall business strategy.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Organizing all day-to-day Accounting processes and staff of, currently, 4 team members in and organized, very tightly managed roles and responsibilities. Team expected to scale with growth.
- Continuously seeking improvements in the way processes are organised, challenging the status quo and collaborating intensively with other teams, such as FP&A, HR, ...
- Financial Reporting:
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Belgian GAAP and IFRS ans support requirements and coordinate with external auditors.
- Prepare financial statements and reports to help interpret a company's financial position.
- Direct a monthly closing procedure and manage various accounting procedures.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing insights and analysis to support decision-making.
- Monitor financial performance against budgets, identifying and addressing variances.
- Audit/Risk Management:
- Implement and maintain effective risk management strategies to safeguard company assets and financial stability.
- Develop and monitor internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
- Serve as single point of contact for external audits.
- Team Leadership:
- Build and lead a high-performing finance and accounting team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with other departments.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or experience in similar accounting positions.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CPA) is highly desirable.
- Required to have 5-10+ years in the following areas below
- Proven experience as a senior financial leader, preferably in a global company.
- Strong knowledge of Belgian GAAP, IFRS, and tax regulations.
- Belgium Accounting and IFRS and/or US GAAP experience
- Transfer Pricing & Tax Optimization
- Revenue Recognition
- Internal Controls & Financial Audits
- Foreign Currency Management
- Project Management experience and/or experience implementing budgeting system/tool
- Outstanding excel skills
- Experience with Private Equity – SaaS reporting / external reporting
- Potentially served as interim CAO (Chief Accounting Officer)
- Netsuite / Quicken tool experience
- Proven leader with positive attitude
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to simplify complex discussions with data, facts, and logic
- High standards of excellence
- Great problem-solving and has a hands-on attitude
- Excellent communication skills fluently in English, both spoken and written
- Thrives in an international fast-paced environment
- Global business exposure /experience
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Flexibility is key! Work efficiently by using our flexible working hours and working from home.
- Work for an international company where you get to travel to meet your colleagues for a great (teambuilding) event at least once a year.
- Collaborate with passionate and driven colleagues every day.
- Accelerate your career: new opportunities are right around the corner.
- We offer a variety of benefits (insurances, meal vouchers, allowances…), but we also want you to make your own choices according to our Flexible Income Plan