As a scale-up international SaaS company, with a strong presence in the US, Lansweeper is looking for the expertise of an Austin based Corporate Counsel to act as a key advisor to our global business teams. You will provide the legal support needed for Lansweeper to run its global operations, with a high focus on the US market.
· Act as a trusted advisor for the organization
· Provide pragmatic, business-oriented advice and guidance to our internal stakeholders
· Draft, review, and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements and further optimize our contract template base, especially under US law
· Stay up to date with new US legislation and provide impact assessments
· Ensure legal risk management and operational effectiveness, in line with industry standards and best practices
· Work closely with our global departments to understand the product and business objectives and to streamline our legal activities across the organization
· Work on a variety of topics such as data protection, regulatory compliance and insurance matters, corporate and IP/IT law
· Negotiate directly with external stakeholders such as our customers, partners, and suppliers
· Take initiative around legal ops as well as explore legal tech solutions
· You will work closely with our Austin based CRO and CFO, and collaborate with and report to our Belgian based Legal Director
Are you the new Corporate Counsel, Americas at Lansweeper?
I am someone who:
· Has an affinity for software and a strong interest in understanding the technical background of the business.
· Can translate complex legal information into effective and understandable messages for the business
· Has excellent communication skills to liaise with cross-functional internal teams and external stakeholders
· Finds the right balance between legal compliance and business objectives
· Works autonomously, whilst also showing teamwork spirit
· Has a flexible, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving mindset
· Feels comfortable taking initiative and ownership
I have (a):
· Juris Doctor degree
· 4+ years of proven experience gained in a commercial international setting, preferably in the IT sector
· Excellent knowledge of contract law and experience in negotiating and drafting complex arrangements
Going for gold?
· LLM in IP and IT law
· Specialization or experience in data protection
· Experience in the software industry as an in-house legal counsel
Our offer you can’t refuse
· Work for an international company where you get to travel to meet your colleagues for a great (teambuilding) event at least once a year
· Collaborate with passionate and driven colleagues every day
· We offer a variety of benefits, but we also want you to make your own choices according to our Flexible Income Plan
· Work hard, play harder!
US: Diversity Statement – Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Lansweeper’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. Lansweeper disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.