With a recent funding round from Insight Partners and impressive yearly revenue growth, Lansweeper is rapidly expanding our Global team. We are looking for a Business Systems Data Engineer in the Austin, TX office. The ideal Business Systems Data Engineer will have experience in a technology scale up/start up and understand the unique challenges associated with this.
Lansweeper is an IT asset management software company helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. We currently discover and monitor around 100 million connected devices from 25,000+ customers, including Mercedes, FC Barcelona, Michelin, Sony, Carlsberg, Nestlé, IBM, Maersk and Samsung to governments, banks, NGOs, and universities, driven by its 200+ team members in Belgium, Canada, Spain, Italy, Ireland, UK and the USA.
Over 90% of our customers renew their subscriptions every year and we onboard 250 new customers every month. Our high-performance/high-reward culture emphasizes improvement and progress. Under the "work hard, play hard" motto we want employees to grow professionally through ongoing learning and taking on new challenges. Discover more about Lansweeper impressive growth on this video.
A day in the life of:
· You develop and maintain data models and data mappings between our different source systems and our data warehouse
· You write Python code and deploy your data applications in our Snowflake DB
· You develop and maintain data pipelines that feed our data warehouse, preferably via Workato integrations
· You identify trade-offs between different technical scenarios to support leadership decision making
· You talk to our Marketing, Sales and Finance teams regularly, to clarify what they need and give demo’s to them when relevant
· You design & document the data architecture where needed to enable technical teams to develop scalable systems
· You help automating data service delivery towards CI & CD
· You contribute to agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, story refinement, sprint planning, internal/external stakeholder demos, and retrospectives
Are you the new Data Engineer at Lansweeper?
I am someone who
· Is passionate about unlocking the value hidden in our data for our business
· Is eager to learn about the data models our different departments and systems use
· Enjoys staying up to date with the latest developments in the fast-moving world of data engineering
· Likes to work across different projects I have
· A bachelor’s in computer science or a related domain, or equivalent practical experience
· At least 2 years of experience with data intensive coding, in Python or similar
· Experience with developing and maintaining data pipelines
· Strong knowledge or RBDMS concepts, SQL, no-SQL and ETL/ELT approaches
· An understanding of cloud data possibilities and limitations such as load balancing, networking and storage
· Language skills: Advanced English (written and spoken)
Going for gold
· A good understanding of the Salesforce data model, PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx
· Experience with Snowflake
· Knowledge of SaaS integrations, for example with Workato, Boomi or Mulesoft
· Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, etc.
· Affinity with Data Quality, Data Governance, Master Data
· Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning
Our offer you can’t refuse
· Growing along with a fast-growing scale-up
· Variation, challenges and responsibility
· Easy-going teamwork
· Internal and external training
· Competitive compensation package
· Healthcare plan with medical, dental, and vision coverage
· 401K retirement plan
Meet our Recruiter Alicia Spencer